To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award Guidelines will be established by the Parks and Special Events Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville. Awards will be procured with funds received from “video gaming.”
- All Carpentersville residents are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit entry is Monday, December 4th.
- All entries are judged on a scale of 1-4 for Category match, WOW factor, Completeness, Originality and Holiday theme.
- Decorations for Contest must be available and lit up on December 8th, 9th and 10th from 6pm to 10pm in order for home to be judged,
- Winners will be notified by December 12th and announced at the Village Board Meeting December 19th.
- There will be a choice of 4 categories (Registrant should only choose one)
- In addition, there will be a Facebook contest for those that submit a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to all contestants
Categories & Awards
- Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space.
- The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Creative Use of Lights – One style or color, and/or Synchronized lights.
- Neighborhood Participation – Get the neighbors involved, a minimum of 5 adjacent homes with a shared theme.
- Facebook Contest – Residents Choice
$100.00 total value Gift Card Awards (from local businesses) for the winner of each Category.
Complete the registration form below
Applicant Grading Criteria
Total of 20 possible points based on the criteria below:
Registration closed at midnight on December 4th, 2017
2017 Decorating Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Holiday Decorating Contest!
View pictures of the winning light displays for 2017
Clark W. Griswold
The Spirit of Christmas
2413 Tomahawk Court
Creative Use of Lights
4044 Diana Court
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
2016 Lighting Contest
2015 Lighting Contest
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please contact Trustee Diane Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Bob Cole, Director of Public Works at email@example.com