To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
- Carpentersville residents only are encouraged to participate, including previous winners*.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit online entry form is Sunday, December 9th, 2018.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 14th, 15th, and 16th between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be announced at the Village Board meeting at Village Hall on December 18th, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
In addition, there will be a Facebook contest for those who submit a photo and address for
residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be
removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
*Residents who won in a category in 2017 are not eligible to win in that same category in
2018. Winners in 2017 must compete in a different category. Residents cannot win in the
same category two years in a row.
- Clark W. Griswold – The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional - Light display that captures the classis Christmas motif.
- Neighborhood Participation – Get the neighbors involved, a minimum of 5 adjacent homes with a shared theme.
- Rookie - First year entering the contest.
- (Facebook Contest – Residents' Choice)
- 1st Prize: $150.00 gift certificate to Menards or Home Depot
- 2nd Prize: $50.00 gift certificate for pizza or a movie
- 3rd Prize: $25.00 gift certificate for pizza or a movie
- 4th Prize: A homemade ornament
Registration closed on Sunday, December 9th, 2018. Stay tuned for results...
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
2017 Lighting Contest
2016 Lighting Contest
2015 Lighting Contest
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please contact Bob Cole, Director of Public Works at email@example.com