Business License Process
Business licenses are required for any business conducting, engaging in, maintaining, or operating a business or business activity within the Village, including home-based businesses. An application may be picked up at Village Hall at the Finance / Village Clerk window or you can download it from this site.
STEPS IN THE PROCESS (Non-Residential Use)
Explanation of the overall development process, including the site review process and the building permit process - OVERVIEW DOCUMENT (PDF)
- Submit a Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF) with Community Development (existing structure) or a Building Permit Application (new construction).
- Submit a Business License Application (PDF) to the Village Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applicable, submit a Liquor License Application (PDF) which will be reviewed and needs to be approved by the Village Board. Please review our Municipal Code regarding liquor license applications and classifications.
- If applicable, submit a Video Gaming Application (PDF) to the Village Clerk.
- Continue working with Community Development regarding plans, permits, inspections, and fees to be paid in order to obtain Certificate of Occupancy.
- Once you have your Certificate of Occupancy, Community Development will alert the Village Clerk who will then send you your licensing fees.
- Once licensing fees are paid, the Village Clerk will issue your business license.
STEPS IN THE PROCESS (Home-Based Business)
1. Please review the Village of Carpentersville Municipal Code relating to Home-Based Businesses and ensure your use meets the standards outlined (see "Home Occupations", found under 16.18.020 - Accessory buildings, structures, and uses, A.6.).
3. The Village Clerk will review your application and send you your licensing fee.
4. Once licensing fees are paid, the Village Clerk will issue your business license.