Public Works

The Public Works Department is responsible for maintenance and construction of the Village’s roadways, water mains, storm and sanitary sewers, potable water treatment and storage, wastewater treatment, public buildings, design, survey, and construction management. 

Shop 1Divisions within the Public Works Department:

  • Building Maintenance 
  • Construction Maintenance 
  • Engineering 
  • Wastewater 
  • Water 

Storm Sewer Issues:

If you see a clogged storm inlets, please safely clear the debris. If you are unable to do so please call 847-836-2464.

Downed Trees:

If you see a downed tree in the public right-of-way, please call 847-551-3495.


Be Safe. Always call J.U.L.I.E. (800-892-0123 or 811) before doing any digging! It’s the law.

Contact Us:

Call us first when you have water or sewer related problems. We might be able to save you a service call. Please call 847-836-2464   

Reporting Issues After 3 p.m.:

The Department of Public Works is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 847-428-8784 after hours for right-of-way maintenance issues.

Carpenter Park Pavilion Permit Application: 

Permit Application 

Water & Sewer Rate Study:

2011 Water & Sewer Rate Study