Holiday Lighting Contest - 2023
2023 Contest Guidelines
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents who go above and beyond in decorating their homes for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
Previous Winner Eligibility
Residents who won 1st Place in a category in 2022 are not eligible to win in that same category in 2023. 1st Place winners in 2022 must compete in a different category.
- Carpentersville residents, including previous winners, are encouraged to participate.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- The last day to submit an online entry form is Sunday, December 3rd, 2023, at @10:00 pm.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th as well as 14th, 15th,16th, and 17th between the hours of 5 pm and 11 pm for judging.
- Contest placement winners will be notified the week of December 18th.
- Prize placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will be announced and awarded at the Village Board meeting on *January 16th, 2024 at 6 p.m.
In addition, there will be a Facebook contest with a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
- Clark W Griswold - The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional - Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Rookie - First year entering the contest.
- (Facebook Contest - Residents’ Choice)
- 1st Prize: $500 gift certificate
- 2nd Prize: $250 gift certificate
- 3rd Prize: $100 gift certificate
HOW TO BECOME A JUDGE:
If you are interested in becoming a judge for the Holiday Lighting Contest, please contact Sara Miller, SPARKS Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Be on the look out for a list of Holiday Houses and watch Facebook for the resident's choice contest!
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
- 2021 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2020 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2019 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2018 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2017 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please email Sara Miller, Special Events and Parks Commission Chair.