- Special Events
- Holiday Lighting Contest
2022 Holiday Lighting Contest
2022 Contest Guidelines
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
Previous Winner Eligibility
Residents who won 1st Place in a category in 2021 are not eligible to win in that same category in 2022. 1st Place winners in 2021 must compete in a different category.
- Carpentersville residents only are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit an online entry form is Sunday, December 4th, 2022.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 15th,16th, 17th, and 18th between the hours of 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be notified on December 27th, 2022.
- Prize placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will be announced and awarded at the Village Board meeting on January 17th, 2022 at 6 p.m.
In addition, there will be a Facebook contest with a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
- Clark W Griswold - The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional - Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Rookie - First year entering the contest.
- (Facebook Contest - Residents’ Choice)
- 1st Prize: $500 gift certificate
- 2nd Prize: $250 gift certificate
- 3rd Prize: $100 gift certificate
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2022 WINNERS!
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
- 2021 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2020 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2019 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2018 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2017 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please email Michelle Clifton, Public Works Administrative Assistant.