Holiday Lighting Contest
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2019 WINNERS!
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
Previous Winner Eligibility
Residents who won in a category in 2018 are not eligible to win in that same category in 2019. Winners in 2018 must compete in a different category. Residents cannot win in the same category two years in a row.
- Carpentersville residents only are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit an online entry form is Sunday, December 8th, 2019.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 13th, 14th, and 15th between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be announced at the Village Board meeting at Village Hall on December 17th, 2019 at 7 p.m.
In addition, there will be a Facebook contest for those who submit a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
- Clark W Griswold - The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional - Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Rookie - First year entering the contest.
- (Facebook Contest - Residents’ Choice)
- 1st Prize: $150 gift certificate to Menards or Home Depot
- 2nd Prize: $50 gift certificate for pizza or a movie
- 3rd Prize: $25 gift certificate to Spotted Fox
- 4th Prize: A homemade ornament
Online registration will be accepted Friday, November 22, 2019 thru Sunday, December 8th, 2019.
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
- 2019 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2018 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2017 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please email Kevin Gray, Director of Public Works and Engineering.